Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A journal of my knitting projects and experiences.

Google
 
Web knittingcircle.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm Back!

I took a little hiatus from blogging, but that doesn't mean I haven't been knitting. I received the new Socks that Rock yarn from Blue Moon Fibers called Pease Blossom. The pattern that came with them is called Hippy Crunchy. It is a lace pattern that is difficult but beautiful. The top of the sock is an Icord instead of the usual ribbing which I think makes these socks unique.


Hippy Crunchy Socks Posted by Picasa

In unhappier news, my friend Carol from one of my knitting groups was shot in Seattle a couple of weeks ago at the Jewish Federation Building. She is out of the hospital now and we all wish her a speedy recovery.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Ruby Girl said…

    I like the colours of those socks, an interesting pattern too by the look.

    I am glad your friend is OK, I did hear about that shooting on the news here. This is a sad world we belong to.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Best wishes to Carol for a speedy physical and emotional recovery. I've been trying to blog about the shooting, but I just can't seem to get my head around it. I always felt like, no matter what's happening in the rest of the world, it was safe to be a Jew here. It's been a rude awakening.

    Pretty yarn, too - I wish I had the moxie to start some socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Knit Alongs

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meta Web Search: Your Engine for Top Search Results

Subscribe with Bloglines


Image hosted by Photobucket.com