Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A journal of my knitting projects and experiences.

Google
 
Web knittingcircle.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Here are some books I would like to own. Since funds are tight right now, I was wondering if anybody else owns these books and what there thoughts are on them. I am determined to design my own sweaters and other knitted items, but need all the help I can get. If anyone would like to write a review of one of these I would really appreciate it.

Hosted by Photobucket.com


Hosted by Photobucket.com


Hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said…

    Have you read Elizabeth Zimmerman's 'Knitting Without Tears'? After reading it my husband was able to create lovely sweaters without patterns. And my 16yo son has designed things after reading 'Stitch 'n Bitch'. Good luck and have fun!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger jillz said…

    If you are a new knitter, I highly recommend the Vogue Knitting book. It's a great reference book that I always refer to when I have questions. If you want to design your own sweaters, then I would recommend Knitting on the Edge, it's fabulous, but if you're the type to stick to the pattern, then you really don't need it.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I've had the Vogue book since the early 90s and I have gotten so much mileage from it. It's a great reference.

    I love EZ and think Knitting Around is wonderful to read. But I like it more for the feeling Elizabeth that I get from it than the knitting content.

    Knitting on the Edge is great but every time I go to buy I wonder if I'll really use it that much. If you plan on designing much it will be really useful. But if you mainly knit from other people's patterns it will just be a very pretty knitting book.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Knit Alongs

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meta Web Search: Your Engine for Top Search Results

Subscribe with Bloglines


Image hosted by Photobucket.com