Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A journal of my knitting projects and experiences.

Google
 
Web knittingcircle.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sweater Design

Does anyone know of a good book on designing your own sweaters or other knitting projects? I have always wanted to knit up designs of my own, but have been too scared to try. I found a good article on Knitty.com on using percentages to design a sweater, which sounds interesting. Has anyone tried this? I don't know why I have a fear of knitting something up that I designed myself, maybe I'm afraid of failing. I guess I can always rip rows out if they don't work. Thoughts?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kelly and Pixie said…

    OK this is what i am trying..may sound silly but sometimes i learn better by doing and making mistakes..
    use an old sweater of yours or go to the thrift store. take it apart at the seams and knit your own using that as a pattern (graph paper might help) i am starting with a childs sweater so i can learn the basics and it will be quicker. go on diynet.com and go to knitty gritty and they have a sweater show they did which also helps...i hope i helped and didnt ramble!!i was actually going to write this on my blog as suggestions to people who have never knit a sweater..
    Kelly
    http://knittingandthings.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Kelly and Pixie said…

    ps would you mind if i put your blog site on mine as one of my favorites? i love your site!!
    kelly

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    That would be fine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Knit Alongs

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meta Web Search: Your Engine for Top Search Results

Subscribe with Bloglines


Image hosted by Photobucket.com